Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Dressing Up The Bump

There were a few times over the last nine months where I had events to attend and just felt like nothing fit....maybe because nothing did! Seven months pregnant and limited options in your closet but you want to look pretty, it isn't easy. I felt like I got to a point in my pregnancy where I was spending so much money on baby stuff that the thought of me spending over £100 for a dress I'd wear once made me angry. Luckily, I do feel that the maternity dress options have come along way since years ago and it was a bit easier to find something that was cute and stylish and I didn't break the bank a crazy amount. I did invest in a nice black tank dress early on during my pregnancy and wished I had bought a few more things from Isabella Oliver because they wore so well. I will write a post at a later time with some of my maternity wardrobe essentials, but today I wanted to share some pretty dresses to wear during your pregnancy if you are attending a wedding, your baby shower, a date night or just want to dress up and feel fabulous. From ASOS, Seraphine, Rachel Pally, searches on Ebay, Pink Blush Maternity and Nordstrom, luckily there are some pretty cute options out there to still make you look and feel fab while you have a growing bump you need to dress.   
1. ASOS Maternity Dress with Floral | 2. Kim & Kai Nell Colorblock Dress | 3. Bodycon Twist ASOS dress | 4. Seraphine Polka Dot Dress | 5. Isabella Oliver Brunswick Maternity  | 6. 

We decided to take some maternity photos after going back and forth a few times and I am so glad that we did. It was such a nice afternoon together and it was fun to get dressed up and celebrate the soon to be arrival of our baby girl. I had found a dress on ASOS that I knew would be perfect for the shoot, but unfortunately the color and size sold out. I didn't want to wear anything short and being eight months pregnant made me want to feel comfortable and not have to wear anything tight. After searching on Ebay for awhile I ended up finding and winning the same sequin dress I loved. I highly recommend looking at Ebay! There are a lot of women out there that buy a pretty dress during their pregnancy, wear it once and want to sell it. Take a search for that special occasion. 

{image by Kylee Yee Photography. More to come soon!} 
{photo from my baby shower via Instagram

My flower dress above I bought on ASOS for less then £20 and wore it to a wedding as well! The dress was stretchy so it was super comfortable to wear for hours over my bump. 

It is isn't easy to be dressing this new body of yours that doesn't fit into the majority of your closet, however after a few months I got use to it and looking for maternity clothes was quite fun. There are not as many options out there as your regular closet but there ARE pretty options out there for ladies with a bump. I hope you like some of my suggestions! 

SHOP THE POST





Happy Shopping!

xoxo Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...