Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Best of 2015!

It seems like so long ago that I wrote this post here about goals for the past year. The past twelve months have been a lot of hard work and goal setting but also a lot of excitement and fun brought along with them. From starting a new business, running the New York City marathon with my husband, planning some memorable events in London to celebrating our first anniversary in Paris, the year has been full of some absolutely memorable occasions. I thought I would take this post to reflect back on the fun year 2015 was before moving full speed ahead into this year. 
2015 started out for me with no resolutions, but goals instead. Goals to enjoy life a bit more, really move forward with my own business and take a bit more "me" time. I organized a super fun Afternoon Tea at Sketch with some amazing bloggers I have gotten to know well and had such a nice time catching up with industry ladies. I always find it extremely important to create a community of like minded people around you in your work and this group of ladies is pretty fabulous I have to say!
I continued sharing guest posts from some amazing Working Women that I am inspired by. From The Lovely Drawer Guest Post, Quill London, Lamplighter London and Charlotte Mills Bridal, it was exciting to share their ideas and stories on business.

I was beyond honored to be featured over on B.Loved blog about my career, see it here. Speaking of career, this year had me juggling my new business, my events planning job and the blog, it was a lot to learn how to juggle but is getting better every day. I was SO excited at the end of January to introduce the new business, Glimmer & Threads.
 After a year before of hectic planning for our wedding and starting the business, I reminded myself of some of life's non negotiable, taking time out. Still nothing makes me happier then a morning with my Mr. Beau and Sir Oliver, getting to be with my family or see all of my girlfriends for the weekend. The non negotiable in life!


The year was full of exploring London a lot more for us. We ate at A LOT of restaurants and continued to explore new spots. Two of my favorites were for sure  Bob Bob Ricard {RING for Champagne!} and Chiltern Firehouse. Both cause for a good celebration but both amazing. 

In May we headed back to the States for a little road trip, a weekend with girlfriends and my sisters wedding. It was so much fun to show my husband a tour around my university campus, spend days at the beach with all of my besties and their families and of course get to see my family and my cute adorable nephew! 
In June I celebrated a London friends upcoming wedding by hosting a sparkly bridal shower at my flat. The small get together was featured on b.loved blog and it was fun to see my work shared with others. It was also fun to celebrate Christa after getting married a year before, it made me so excited to be able to shower her with presents and bubbly before her big day. I am grateful to have met these ladies here in London! 
In June I took a brush lettering calligraphy class with a group of pretty amazing women, organized by Lucy at Quill. Taking classes and learning something new in the new year is on my list of things to do. With all of us walking with our heads down in a busy life, it is nice to learn something new and find a new hobby or skill! 
In June Mr. Beau and I celebrated our First Wedding Anniversary! We went to Paris for a long weekend and it was absolutely lovely! We didn't have a lot of plans, we just ate, drank and strolled around the city. It was such a nice weekend away. Its been over ten years since we started dating, but a year since we were married and I can't believe it. Don't know what I would do without this guy, his support of my crazy adventures and love. The things we have experienced together, moving to a new country, growing our life here together, he makes me smile every day. Hoping to make a short get away every year to celebrate the two of us in June! 

This year I invested more in my skincare routine and products and came up with what I think is my routine ....well for now. But really, do you have a skincare routine that works for you? Check it out here. 
Throughout the Spring I collaborated with the lovely Maxeen Kim Photography and Tea America on some Sips & Sweets ideas. I paired April's mini desserts with some delicious cocktails for any good party! First we were featured on Style Me Pretty Living with the Key Lime Cocktail, we featured the delicious vanilla Coke float and Rhubarb Lime Popsicle Fizz Cocktail and Style Me Pretty featured the pretty and delicious Pear Champagne Cocktail.  It was a year full of raising our glass and toasting to life! 
Later on in the summer I put together one of my first big London collaborations and was beyond excited to have featured, Pretty Pink POP! Having a growing business and a growing portfolio, I love working together with our wedding vendors and collaborating to create something creative and beautiful! This feature made me realize even more how much I love doing what I am doing.  Need help with a party???? Let me know
One of my favorite shots below of the bride in her pink veil. 
I can NOT believe I've been blogging for over seven years! WHAT! Craziness. My blog has changed over the past few years, as well as my life.  I decided this summer that I was going to feature more full posts instead of posting daily just to post. More substance and style then just fluff I guess. It was fun for Maxeen and I to meet up at the delicious and adorable Peggy Porschen's and talk about the blog and feature two things I think are a big part of this site; celebrating every day treats and connecting with others whether at a party or in the city you love. Maxine and I ate a lot of cake and it was well worth it!  
Fall came around and I Mr. Beau and I had been training a lot for our marathon. Having run it before, it was quite an accomplishment to finish the NYC marathon with my husband and train pretty much everywhere we travelled throughout the summer, even ran by some Dutch windmills! 
December came around and we decided to stay here in London and have a small quiet Christmas in our flat. I planned a small girls get together during the Christmas season that was featured over on Style Me Pretty. It was full of pink and glitter and the perfect morning to celebrate Christmas with your friends. 
Not the best clear image below, but my December wouldn't be complete without mentioning this event that really took over my December. Star Wars in London. It was cool, it was crazy! What a night to remember! 
Once the holiday season came around, I took some time off and relaxed. Mr. Beau and I hosted his parents and we ate and drank a lot in our little London flat. I watched a LOT of Friday Night Lights on Netflix {obsessed!} and cooked a lot, it was relaxing and quiet and nice. A few weeks before I had put together a mini shoot Ring in NYE 2015 at Home, and that was pretty much like our mini New Years Eve party. So when the actual clock struck on New Years, the two of us were at home with champagne and our dog, ringing in at home. It was quiet and nothing crazy and perfect being home. 
With so much to be thankful for in the year behind me and SO much to look forward in the year ahead of me, I want to thank ALL of you for your support. Friends and clients from London and all over the States send me the sweetest supportive messages and I can't thank you enough. Some days when the business, the blog and life just gets too much, I remind myself that I love sharing little party ideas and celebrations and things to do with my readers. I enjoy it when you are interested in what I am sharing and want to thank you again for reading. 2015 was a year full of growing  for me. I have SO much more to learn in the year to come, plans to grow my business and personal goals that hopefully will make every day better. Happy New Year everyone !!!!! Can't wait to see what 2016 holds for all of us! 

Cheers! xoxo Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...