Sunday, December 13, 2015

A Sparkly Girlfriends Christmas Brunch

A few months ago West Elm asked me if I wanted to style some items for the Christmas season, well, what do you think I said....absolutely! West Elm has LONG been one of my favorite home decor stores. When I received an email from them I thought, who me? Really, of course I will style your products, of course! So with Christmas around the corner, and a reason to invite girlfriends over for a festive sparkly brunch, I sprinkled in West Elm products alongside glittery sequins and pink flowers. Today I am sharing with you the over all sparkling details and I will also be posting detailed recipes as the week goes on. I hope that this excites some inspiration for you when thinking of what to do with your friends during the Christmas season! Get dressed up and host a brunch of course! The talented Sanshine Photography stopped by to capture all of the images and with sunshine coming through the window, was able to get some stunning photos for the day! Enjoy the photos. 
 For a vase on the table I used one of West Elm's porcelain hurricane's. Buy the largest size hurricane and place a smaller vase inside the hurricane, to create an easier way to arrange your flowers. I also added a few platinum rim stemless wine glasses for some smaller bud vases around my flat. I have always believed in using what you have at your hose. Small glasses, jam jars, old bottles, they all make wonderful flower vases! Mixed in with the table linen from Glimmer & Threads and mercury votives, I think the table looked beautiful, pink and festive for the holiday season.
Even #siroliver added his fanciest of season attire on.......a stripey bow tie, he is just too cute.

Below are a few little suggestions on hosting your girlfriends for a festive brunch:

Send out an invitation!: It is a crazy time of the year where things do not seem to slow down, but there is nothing like a small get together of your favorite ladies on a winter day to catch up and laugh with. Jennifer's Paper created my beautiful stationery items, including the invitation. Who doesn't like to receive an invite in the mail!
 Create a drinks station: I chose to create three pre made cocktails where all my guests had to do was add champagne, easy and delicious. The syrups and cocktails may require you a bit more work to make ahead of time, but on the day, it will not take long to set up and will be a nice option for your guests.


 Create an easy brunch menu: I created a menu full of easy items such as greek yoghurt with winter berry compote and mini eggnog pancakes {sound fancy, but so easy!}. Each item was easy to make, and with West Elm's beautiful square lacquer trays, I added a liner and some flowers and voila, had a gorgeously styled tray for some simple yoghurt parfaits. I can't get enough of these trays! I used them during our wedding and continue to use them when I have friends over. I have them in clear, mirror, white and black and love them for so many things. 
 Give your guests a gift: It doesn't need to be super fancy, wrapped up with pretty ribbon and a sweet card, it is thought that counts. I made a fancy hot chocolate in a jar and added a bit of Chambord on the side so they could make some grown up Christmas hot chocolate at home. I also added some amazing Anges de Sucre homemade s'mores to the bag which are decadent and delicious and such a nice treat. 
Ask your guests to dress up: Brunch, cocktails, lunch, it is Christmas time! Have a dress code of sparkly or all winter glam. Make a theme around your party. People love an excuse to out on their glittery best! How fun is my big glittery bow below from Lovely Littles & Co. below.

 The photo above is absolutely one of my favorite pieces from West Elm! The Foxed Mirror Bar Cart, so glam and shiny. I changed a few of my prints {that were actually our wedding table names} above the cart for the holidays with a mix of BerinMade's Christmas card line. Framing greeting cards, an easy pretty print, but at a fraction of the price and perfect for the season! 

You can read the FULL post over on Style Me Pretty Living
 I will be posting more details throughout the week. I hope you like the sneak peak of glittery Christmas ideas. Merry sparkly Christmas! 

Photography: Sanshine Photography | Shoes: Charlotte Mills Bridal | Hair & Makeup: Little Doll Face | Bar Trolley: West Elm | Cocktails: Urban Flip Flops | Glasses: West Elm | Gold Tinsel Drink Stirrers: Urban Flip Flops | Paper Goods: Jennifer's Paper | Sequin Table Linen : Glimmer & Threads | Smores & Marshmallows: Anges De Sucre | Styling & Planning : Glimmer And Threads

xoxo - Becca




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...